<$Susan Goodwill$>

Friday, March 10, 2006

Amateur Theatre

So today I am thinking I need to get back into an amateur theatre. They say write what you know, and although I was involved in amateur theatre at St. Dunstan's Guild http://www.stdunstanstheatre.com/index.html for about a decade, it's been a while. I miss it, and believe me, the fodder for writing humorous mysteries is there, at any amateur theatre!
Tonight a local high school is putting on Little Shop of Horrors. I've seen the touring version recently, and I worked on the amateur version about fifteen years ago, but since that is the play being performed in my newest mystery, Little Shop of Murders, I ought to see the amateur version again.
Tonight or tomorrow. Or maybe I'll see who else around here is putting it on. I want to get backstage and see how they make and operate the Audrey 2's-- the man-eating alien puppets that come in four sizes and take over the show.
And maybe I'll call a few of the local theatre groups, see who could use a hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home