<$Susan Goodwill$>

Sunday, February 04, 2007

What I learned


So-- I haven't posted in a month because I've been completely holed up finishing Little Shop of Murders. I'm whipped. But I'm done!!
I learned a few things I didn't know before--


  1. One CAN write on demand and write fairly well on demand

  2. If you overcomplicate your plot, you may be making your life more difficult than necessary.

  3. Writing is a discipline.

  4. Sometimes you have to step away in order to be more productive.

  5. It feels really, really nice to meet a deadline with a book you feel good about.

  6. Sleep is optional.

  7. Caffeine comes in many forms.

  8. Christmas decorations begin to look tacky on Groundhog Day.


More later. I'm back to regular posts a few times a week now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home