<$Susan Goodwill$>

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Good Writing Weather


It's good writing weather here in Michigan. Today is foggy and snowy, and it's nice to be inside.
With the holidays behind and a few months of winter out in front, it's a favorite time of year for me to hunker in my garret with my current work in progress. Right now it's La Cage aux Foul Play. Little Shop of Murders is on its way to the world, and my first baby, BrigaDOOM has survived, even thrived, for almost a year now.
So, I've brewed a cup of tea and tossed an afghan over my lap. I've lit a candle to the muses, put some classical on the headphones, and I'm ready to dive into my story. Going back to La Cage aux Foul Play is like seeing an old friend on a winter's afternoon.
Today my only orders are to say hello, to show up, to make a joyful noise.
Hello, old friend.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I needed to hear that. Sometimes it's just saying "hello" to the characters.

The new novel is finished typed. I actually didn't even have a title till "Will" said something in the book and I went...ooh!

I'm going to let it sit for a bit, noodle on the next one, and get some paying work done.

But when I read your post this morning...I was at peace.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008  
Blogger Susan Goodwill said...

Congratulations on fighting the resistance and breaking through to the end of the manuscript.
I raise a glass to our characters--to old friends and new.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home