<$Susan Goodwill$>

Monday, June 12, 2006

A Bartender-Someone You Can Talk To

SHERIDAN, Wyo. - A woman woke up over the weekend to find a man she didn't know climbing into her bed.
Eva Olson, 40, said she felt her bed move and heard the man say he wanted to talk to her, according to police.
Olson didn't know William O'Dell, 48, of Sheridan, but O'Dell allegedly knew Olson because she was a bartender. He said he'd stopped by her house to visit.
Olson asked O'Dell to leave, then showed him out the door without incident.
Police said they found O'Dell at his home, smelling heavily of alcohol. He was jailed and charged with criminal entry.
___

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weird. Creepy, actually. Kind of like a friend of mine who claimed he was family. I explained I did not want his help discussing potty accidents with my six year old daughter, thank you very much, and that he wasn't family till he had a key.

He pulled out a knife--twice the size of the one I often carry--and said, "Here's my key. I can get into your house any time I want."

Cancel friendship.

But a *great* idea for something in my contemporary suspense/mystery series.

Monday, June 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, come on. Haven't we all woken up next to someone and we can't remember their name? Haven't we? Uh. Right. I was just kidding. That never happened to me. Nope, but I KNOW of people to whom it's happened in Boston.

Carrie, Terry, Keri, Kelly...they all sound similar. To bad my FRIEND told me her name was Pat. God, did my friend feel stupid.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006  
Blogger Susan Goodwill said...

I once had a "semi" married friend -- not the most monogomous person--- she would only date men named Steve-- the same name as her husband. A-moral but not stupid.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of some advice a friend gave me when he thought I was going to start dating a number of different men (I wasn't, btw): "Start using 'Babe' or some other endearment, in case you forget the guy's name."

I almost died laughing when someone I was in bed with called me "Babe." I wanted to blurt out, "So... who have you been with?" It was too funny.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home