<$Susan Goodwill$>

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Merry Christmas

In his comment on my last post, Rick did a little plot riff including Homeland Security. It reminded me of a funny card I came across the other day in the grocery store. The front had beautiful pine boughs, glowing candles, and Christmas ornaments.
The inside said this:
Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Safe and Prosperous 2004,
From Your Friends at FEMA

Satire-- and sarcasm-- I love it--
The sarcasm thing is very hard to pull off on paper. At least I think so.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? You don't think the good people at FEMA can't be sincere?

Oh, there was a picture of New Orleans on the inside of the card. Okay.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006  
Blogger Susan Goodwill said...

Eggsacktly.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home