<$Susan Goodwill$>

Monday, March 13, 2006

The Library and Osama's Niece

In a stunning career move, Wafah Dufour Bin Ladin has opted to drop her last name and go by Wafah Dufour. The california-born niece of Osama bin Laden and aspiring entertainer apparently feels that even with the different spelling of her last name, people might have "preconceived notions" about the Bin Ladin part.
Well. Duh.
Okay, now this career move was announced simultaneously with the fact that she has signed to have a reality show developed around her life and her quest for stardom as the niece of Osama bin Laden. Same people who developed that towering tribute to triviality, "Growing Up Gotti."
Maybe it's me, but is this one of those "you can't capitalize on your global terrorist uncle and hide him, too" kinda things? --http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060311/tv_nm/leisure_binladen_dc_4
In other news:
I'm off to the library in a few minutes. I find that the library is an excellent change of pace from writing in my office. The Wi-Fi allows me to play my satellite radio through my computer and listen on earphones-- I listen to New Age or Classical because, God forbid something have a lyric, I'd get distracted. The nice librarian even loaned me earphones one day-- and the atmosphere is spacious and airy.
Writing is so different from any other job I've had. It's so contradictory. People write because they love to communicate, yet, when they actually write, it's a very solitary process. So. It's nice to get out. The only drawback, no food or drink. No coffee? No tea? Hate that.
Maybe Wafuh will be there, hiding a Starbuck's latte in her purse and researching potential stage names. I understand Hitler's available.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home