<$Susan Goodwill$>

Wednesday, June 21, 2006


A patient broke wind while having surgery and set fire to his genitals. The 30 year old man was having a mole removed from his bottom with an electric knife when his attack of flatulence was ignited by a spark. His genitals, which were soaked in surgical spirits, caught fire. The man, who is suing the hospital, said: "When I woke up, my penis and scrotum were burning like hell. Besides the pain, I can't have sex with my wife." Surgeons at the hospital in Kjellerups said: "It was an unfortunate accident."